I’m reading the Nimona graphic novel by Noelle Stevenson* this week and I’m totally in love. Can I list that as the biggest essential reading for you for the week? It reminds me a lot of some of the silly things that happen during some of my Dungeons and Dragons games. It’s a quick read so take your time with it or it will be over too soon! I’m also reading Wildwood by Colin Meloy* (the lead singer of the band The Decemberists), which I received as a birthday gift…twice! Alex and my friend Angela both purchased the book for me, so you know it’s right up my alley. The obvious comparison is to The Chronicles of Narnia but set in Portland. I’m excited to find out that there are three books in this series!
This week’s essential reading:
- If you’re not already subscribed to the 30 Days of Lists email list, I suggest jumping on board so you can get a set of free list prompts from us!
- How about some waffles?
- What about no-bake s’mores energy bars?
- If you’re not already, I suggest following the @YourLead_Van on Twitter and Instagram
- I’m really digging what Brittany has in her adventure-themed shop
- Do you work in an office that circulates birthday cards? You’ll find this article on The Onion to be so spot on
- Is it time to update some of your old blog posts? It’s totally for me to take some steps asap
- Are you still working on your International Scrapbook Day projects? Cathy Zielske has some digital files for your use and Kristin has a free scrapbook supply list that can help you get back on track
- The 5 steps to ordering a perfect cup of coffee each and every time
- How do you clean your stamps?
*These are Amazon affiliate links. I will receive a small commission from purchases made through these links. Affiliate commissions like this help me continue to share here on Campfire Chic, but if you’re not into that, simple search for the book titles in your favorite web browser.