- Name: Ryan Mountain
- Distance: 3 miles (4.8 km), roundtrip
- Peak Elevation: 3,371ft (1,138m)
- Terrain: Essentially rocks that are your “stairs” to the top. There are some areas that are more of a climb than others. Narrow, hence the No Dogs Allowed sign. If you got into the park, please listen to the sign and don’t bring your dog on these trails.
- Difficulty: Moderately Strenuous–harder than the 49 Palms Oasis hike. You gain a little over 1,000 feet in your climb to the top, so that’s pretty hefty considering the short distance.
- Average Time: 2-3 Hours
- At the end: Apparently there are great panoramic views at the top. However, as you’ll see in the video below, I wasn’t able to make it the last 1/4 or so due to the wind. Next time I’ll wear a heavier pack so I don’t blow away ;)
|At the trailhead. This is the nice part of the trail.|
I wasn’t able to take a lot of photos of us doing the trail, as I was huffing and puffing and cursing my way to the top. I’m glad we wore so many layers, the temperature/wind changes drastically while getting to the top, which is funny because it is such a short distance.
This is me returning from checking to see how much further. About 100 feet behind me, I was almost knocked off my feet from the wind. I decided I would wait if Boyfriend wanted to continue to the top (not far at all), but we decided to descend and start heading home.
Think I’m exaggerating about the wind? I wanted Boyfriend to take a photo to show you all what my hair was doing when I didn’t have it pulled back…he decided to trick me by taking VIDEO. What a trickster.
You’ll notice I’m wearing the same outfit that you saw in the 49 Palms Oasis photos…we did the hikes on the same day. We thought since they were so short we’d do them both before heading home. I’m happy we did this one second! Also thankful for the hummus/bread/chicken snack plate from sbux and the IZZE sparkling clementine :) I love before-and-after snacks.
We didn’t do any hiking this past weekend, but if the weather keeps up we will have some more hiking photos to show you all soon enough!