My National Parks Passport

One of my first blog posts for Campfire Chic was about our (Boyfriend+me) goal to visit all of the U.S. National Parks and it mentioned the National Parks Passport.

While I haven’t been able to get many cancellations in mine (I only bought it in 2009 and some of my visits occurred prior to that), I wanted to show it off! After reading Amy’s guest post about making a travel journal, I realized that I already did a few of the things she suggested!

The orange stickers at the front of my book are from the Salem Witch Museum (don’t go there if you are in the area…did you see the episode of Gilmore Girls where they turned the old man’s house in a museum for Star’s Hollow and the mannequins talked to you? SAME THING but you can’t see all of them! If you read the Scarlett Letter, you know it all. Truuusssttt me.).

As you can see, not all the stamps are from National Parks! That’s what is soo cool, you can visit all sorts of places to get a stamp! I wanted to show off the new sheet of stickers that represent each region this year, but Joshua Tree only had stamps from 1999…*insert confused face here*. Once I buy the stickers, I’ll show you!

The passport is small enough for you to bring along any trip. It fits in glove boxes, your purse, and your back pocket. If you are interested in learning more about these passports (and the one specifically designed for children) you can purchase it through eParks. It’s also the perfect size if you have an Instax camera, you can paperclip a photo of yourself at the park entrance, with your passport in front of an iconic image, etc. I really want to get one for that reason! May be silly, but it’s true!

I started collecting mini binder clips and colored paperclips to use in my passport. There is a small plastic pocket in the front (where the stickers are stuck) but I want to be able to put the items/receipts/whatever I collect at each location in the correct geographical region :)

Do you have have something you collect when you travel? Snowglobes? Postcards?
0 Flares Twitter 0 Pin It Share 0 Facebook 0 Google+ 0 Email -- Buffer 0 0 Flares ×

About Kam National Park

• amongthechimneypots January 28, 2011, 7:36 am

Photos :)

• Jenn January 28, 2011, 7:47 am

Oh.My.Gosh. I totally want a passport! I am going to get one! So excited. That is super weird about Joshua Tree having a stamp from 1999, did you ask about that? I collect the maps from the parks I visit. I hope to paper a room with them or make a big book out of them :)

• Jenn January 28, 2011, 7:52 am

Oh, also, there are plastic pockets now that you can add in to any part of a notebook. You should check it out!

• jdavissquared January 28, 2011, 12:24 pm

I collect flat pennies. just started in 2009, but I think they’re fun! I have them on a shelf in my entryway.

• Katerina January 28, 2011, 1:01 pm

In the past I used to collect thimbles from every town / castle / national heritage place I visited. But as they do not sell them in every place of interest, I switched to fridge magnets – I will have too small fridge soon :)) Also I love postcards and take loads of photos.

• beckz January 28, 2011, 6:30 pm

we (my boyfriend and i) collect magnets from the places we go, and also from the different ports he goes to (he’s in the navy). he’ll also send me postcards from the places he goes so we’ll be able to look back at where he’s been (while i get to be jealous). it’s nice to have a growing collection and reminder of the places you’ve been, and since my memory isn’t so hot i also always take tons of photos too!

• Terri January 28, 2011, 7:59 pm

This is a great idea! I don’t collect anything personally, but am trying we helped them make nature boxes. They collected rocks, feathers, pieces of birch bark, little pine cones, etc and we added some postcards and wristbands from some of the places we visited. They still love to look at them and it helps my oldest remember some of the things we did & saw on the trip.

• Lindsay C January 29, 2011, 9:16 am

You need to come visit me up at my park! Very long trip for you though haha. I just got the email saying I am being hired again, so this will be my fourth summer as a park ranger. I have met a few people who have almost all their stamps so far. Here is the link to the park I work at, it’s part of Acadia National Park but about 2.5 hours away: http://www.nps.gov/sacr/index.htm

• Amanda January 29, 2011, 12:09 pm

i did a little post about this on my tumblr and i mentioned you! i hope you don’t mind :)

• Katie January 29, 2011, 8:53 pm

I collect the pressed pennies. I also get the brochure from the national park stamped and save those. Although I have been to more than I have had stamped and I’ve lost a few.

• National Parks Passporter January 31, 2011, 9:48 am

Hi Kam,

Love your Blog about the Passport to Your National Parks®. My name is Joe Falco and I work for Eastern National … we are the one non-profit bookstore for the National Parks. We are also the publisher of the Passport, Incidentally it the 25th Anniversary of the Passport. Check out our Website: http://www.eparks.com
    Ps: if you send me your mailing address …. I’ll send you a copy of our 25th Anniversary Passport Addition.

National Parks “ Americas best idea”

Regards,

Joe Falco
    Joefalco@easternnational.org
    (267) 464-7125 direct dial

• CaL January 31, 2011, 10:18 am

SO cool!!! I totally need me one of these! I’m not a big collector but this would totally do it for me. =)

• katiebug92 January 31, 2011, 11:04 am

I always collect postcards from the state parks/awesome places that we go to! I love them, maybe one day I will turn them into a scrapbook. :)

-Katie