Here it is…the first Essential Reading post on the new Campfire Chic!
The past few weeks have been extra stressful when it comes to Campfire Chic — will it work? Will subscribers care? Will I get used to using WordPress (I use it for 30 Days of Lists, but let’s be honest, I’ve been using Blogger for 4+ years now, some habits are hard to break!) for drafting my posts?
Is this a change for the good?
Then it came to me…it’s time to be brave. And February is for being ‘brave enough’…brave enough to make this giant change, brave enough to put the work in to get the word out that things have changed, brave enough to ask for help. Asking for help can sometimes be the hardest part.
If you’re reading this, thank you for making your way over here, be sure to update the RSS for Campfire Chic, subscribe to the Campfire Chic newsletter, and follow on Twitter, for more updates. Big things are coming…or are they already here?
This week’s essential reading are all things that have helped distract me from the weirdness of the past few weeks.
- Have you watched Firefly? It’s on Netflix, put it on your Instant Queue. That way, you’ll understand why I’m getting a bit emotional over this Brown Coat wedding
- Guest blogging is a powerful online marketing tool in your proverbial tool belt. But are you guest blogging at blogs that will really help you? How do you evaluate blogs for guest blogging opportunities? This article on Problogger will help you do just that
- I’m hoping that being at Comic-Con San Diego on Friday means I’ll get my hands on some of the new Tokidoki Marvel gear! I got the Comic-Con shirt last year, and while it’s adorkable, I need something that isn’t black — pet owners will understand!
- Desk to Dirtbag has a great list of climbing/mountaineering movies/documentaries that are available through Netflix
- I really needed this short post on Yes and Yes on how to become a runner who likes running…I loved in high school, why is now any different?
- This Lord of the Rings scarf is pretty killer. It’s not a novelty scarf that you’d expect, I mean, look at how beautiful it looks! I had to throw my wallet across the room when I saw it…
- Speaking of shirts I would love to own: Her Universe came out with some really great-looking shirts for the Star Wars, Star Trek, and Dr. Who lady in your life. I mean, you’re the bowtie to my suspenders? You’re the scoundrel to my princess? You are the bridge to my enterprise? I die
- How often to you blog? Is that good for you and for your audience? Maybe it’s time to re-think your blogging output
- I’m not a fan of hearing people say they are, “too busy” to do certain things, especially when I see them Pinning up a storm on Pinterest…maybe it’s their way of coping? Anyway, SillyGrrl posted a quick read on How to: Keep Your Sanity With Your Busy Schedule that I think may be helpful
- I have no idea how to use makeup (other than a bit of eyeliner, mascara, and lip balm), but I’d love to wear some of these to a Con! I’m not a fan of the Superman eyeshadow, but the Batman one and Riddler one are pretty killer. Check out the geeky eyemakup here
- Here are 5 Ways to Become a More Confident Blogger — which may not carry over to all niches on a personal level, but I think the tips really do make sense
- Are you working on saving money? Here are some ways I am trying to save for yoga teacher training in the next few years, but what do you do when your friends are big spenders? Here are some tips on getting others on board with your new spending less lifestyle
Here’s to being brave enough to make big changes!
A big thank you to Kara, Jake, Amy, and of course – Alex, for all your help over the past few weeks/months. It’s been quite the adventure, and I can’t thank you enough for your patience with me and for taking the time to explain the scarier parts of this whole migration to me.