I turned 27 yesterday.
It’s okay, I’m over the fact that I am now in my late-twenties. I didn’t get carded yesterday at lunch, I spent a little bit extra on a piece of gear when I would normally go with the base model, and I even cleaned the apartment on Friday before we headed out of town so we wouldn’t come home to a messy apartment…I think I’m finally becoming an adult.
While I didn’t quite make it through my 26 things to do before I turn 27 list this past year, it helped keep me on track with a few goals and inspired me to change up my list planning for this year.
Instead of randomly deciding to add things to my list for this year, I decided to keep my (somewhat-brave) plans for the year in mind! Why not include a few things that involve some upcoming travel or business plans? Also, I decided to carry over some of last year’s list to this year’s list. Why? Because I’m a grown-ass-woman and it’s my list. And because I couldn’t think of things to include…
Here’s my list of 27 Things to do Before I Turn 28:
- Do a headstand
- Reach $400 in my yoga teacher training savings
- Visit a new-to-us National Park
- Send a 5.10 a/b at the rock climbing gym
- Take a power yoga class
- Read 3 non-comic book books
- Pay off my credit card
- Bind my quilt
- Learn to stand up paddleboard (SUP)
- Learn how to use Photoshop Elements
- Make a loaf of bread
- Buy new tires
- Roll down a sand dune
- Stand in the lowest point in North America
- Launch a new product
- Visit a climbing gym that’s not in Orange County
- Have breakfast on the beach
- Swim near a waterfall
- Learn how to construct an anchor for outdoor top rope climbing
- Hold crow pose
- Do 1 pull up
- Develop an exit strategy
- Get a tattoo
- Complete my 2013 One Little Word project
- Take a time-lapse photo
- Cross off 2 things from my Go Mighty life list
- Finish Project Life for this year
Like I said, I carried over a few things from last year, considered some of the trips I hope to take this year, and included some of the skills I would like to learn before March 2014.
If you have resources, tips, or anything else that can help me with any of the things on my list, let me know! I’d love to be able to get through this list this year…and maybe even make a cute little mini-album about it?
Do you have a list of things you’d like to do before each birthday?
Are you on Go Mighty? Let’s connect.