27 Things to do Before I Turn 28

Kam's List of 27 Things to do Before She Turns 28 via Campfire Chic

I turned 27 yesterday.

It’s okay, I’m over the fact that I am now in my late-twenties. I didn’t get carded yesterday at lunch, I spent a little bit extra on a piece of gear when I would normally go with the base model, and I even cleaned the apartment on Friday before we headed out of town so we wouldn’t come home to a messy apartment…I think I’m finally becoming an adult.

While I didn’t quite make it through my 26 things to do before I turn 27 list this past year, it helped keep me on track with a few goals and inspired me to change up my list planning for this year.

Instead of randomly deciding to add things to my list for this year, I decided to keep my (somewhat-brave) plans for the year in mind! Why not include a few things that involve some upcoming travel or business plans? Also, I decided to carry over some of last year’s list to this year’s list. Why? Because I’m a grown-ass-woman and it’s my list. And because I couldn’t think of things to include…

Here’s my list of 27 Things to do Before I Turn 28:

1. Do a headstand
  2. Reach $400 in my yoga teacher training savings
  3. Visit a new-to-us National Park
  4. Send a 5.10 a/b at the rock climbing gym
  5. Take a power yoga class
  6. Read 3 non-comic book books
  7. Pay off my credit card
  8. Bind my quilt
  9. Learn to stand up paddleboard (SUP)
  10. Learn how to use Photoshop Elements
  22. Develop an exit strategy
  23. Get a tattoo
  24. Complete my 2013 One Little Word project
  25. Take a time-lapse photo
  26. Cross off 2 things from my Go Mighty life list
  27. Finish Project Life for this year

Like I said, I carried over a few things from last year, considered some of the trips I hope to take this year, and included some of the skills I would like to learn before March 2014.

If you have resources, tips, or anything else that can help me with any of the things on my list, let me know! I’d love to be able to get through this list this year…and maybe even make a cute little mini-album about it?

Do you have a list of things you’d like to do before each birthday?
Are you on Go Mighty? Let’s connect.

About Kam

• Laura March 11, 2013, 5:04 am

I love your list Kam :) Some are the same as mine, which I should probably publish at some point! I’ve just signed up for Go Mighty (MacGirl). What tattoo are you thinking of getting? I have one that I want done that I’m hoping to have done by the end of the year.

• Kam March 11, 2013, 11:04 am

Publishing helps make it ‘real’. This wayI feel like it’s a bit more tangible and blogging about it helps document it! Go Mighty seems to be like a lot of fun, but I need to work on updating my goals with photos, they’re so bare right now! I want to start a quarter sleeve/possibly half-sleeve. I’m going to start with a hummingbird piece (for my maternal grandmother), possibly some corrdinates, the NPS arrowhead symbol, and probably something for my paternal grandfather. Lots of ideas!

• Karl Bolter March 11, 2013, 6:02 am

Kam, great list! My advice for your first tattoo is to make sure it’s a design that has a personal meaning to you. When I got my first tat I had the design posted in my room for almost a year before I got it. I’d see it every day and eventually decided that I’d like to have it as a permanent addition to my arm. Just some food for thought. Happy Birthday!

• Kam March 11, 2013, 11:05 am

I’ve been thinking about two of the pieces for YEARS, I just need to finalize the actual designs. One is a word and I’m terrified of it being spelled wrong. I’m thinking of ordering some tattoo paper from Amazon to see what different designs would look like and see if I feel like it’s a good choice :)

• Megan Anderson March 11, 2013, 6:45 am

Those ARE brave things! Can’t wait to see them unfold. Especially interested in your tattoo ambition… do you know what you’d like to get?

• Kam March 11, 2013, 11:06 am

I shared a bit of it in my response to Laura, but mostly memorial images and fillers that mean a lot to me. I love the idea of coordiates and a topo map (like the header area for this site).

• Sam Malone March 11, 2013, 7:42 am

I love these kinds of posts! I usually make a to do list for the year with broad goals and I find myself making this list right before New Years and revisiting it about halfway through the year (around my birthday). I love listing out my goals and priorities and updating it as they change so this post was perfect for me.

• Kam March 11, 2013, 11:07 am

Do you make your lists exceptionally long? Do you document them in a certain way, I’d love to hear more!

• Justin March 11, 2013, 9:35 am

I would like to learn how to stand up paddle board also! I’m going to settle for a canoe trip with my son though. 28. I’ll be 40 this year! That’s still settling in with me.

• Kam March 11, 2013, 11:08 am

A canoe trip sounds like a lot of fun! I had a smidge of a breakdown yesterday, I think I’m a little old for a quarter-life crisis, but I guess I’ll go along with it. 40 seems so BIG. Like, not old but not immature…I’m betting 40 will be awesome for you

• Kelsae March 11, 2013, 10:49 am

I can’t do a headstand either, but there are two or three girls in my yoga class who do them every single time, and it’s a beautiful thing to see. I’ve been practicing at home and I get close, but I won’t do it in class until I’m fairly confident that I’m not going to fall over on someone else.

And I plan on getting a tattoo some time in 2014! We’re twins!

• Kam March 11, 2013, 11:10 am

I did one a few weekends ago for 2 seconds but I wasn’t able to hold it for too long. I want to be able to do one on demand and possibly get some variations in there, like crossing my legs, splits, whatever! I think handstands are terrifying…thankfully not many people in my classes do them, yet. TWINS!!!

• cassie March 11, 2013, 11:43 am

you know…. you could accomplish quite a few of those by visiting the PNW for a week!!

• Kam March 11, 2013, 4:57 pm

Truth be told…we’re planning TWO trips up “that way” this year. Nothing super set in stone yet. I bet I could do 98% of the list up there ;) Except standing in the lowest point…are there sand dunes in the Pacific Northwest?!?