Make a Brave Choice – Moving beyond the plans & taking action

One Little Word - Brave via Campfire Chic

2013 is for being brave. Setting brave goals, being brave enough, making brave plans…and making brave choices. I changed the Campfire Chic newsletter from being “hey, buy stuff from me” all the time to being a way for me to chat with subscribers about the different aspects of brave. Maybe that’s not your deal, but here’s an idea of what is going on in the monthly newsletter…maybe you’ll decide to subscribe to the newsletter so you get the scoop on these types of posts.

Like I mentioned earlier…it’s time to talk about making some brave choices.

You may be familiar with a certain blogger who had “Choose” as her One Little Word last year, I bet she would like the intention of making a brave choice. Do you think being brave is a choice?

Making a brave choice doesn’t have to be something extraordinary – like running into a burning building – but it can be something seemingly insignificant that ends up being a turning point in your life. It can be choosing to not go away for a weekend in Vegas so you can put that money toward paying off your student loans. It may be choosing to reach out to re-connect with your high school friends, or even becoming a foster parent. Each of those things is extraordinary to somebody, maybe it isn’t choosing to donate a kidney, but it is still a choice that may have taken quite a bit of thought on your part.

Making a choice that relates to the brave goals and brave plans we talked about earlier this year may just be the hardest thing we’ve done so far. We’re actually putting forth the effort to move away from making lists and plans and dreaming up possibilities and move toward crossing things off of those lists and plans and making those possibilities into realities! It can be as simple as scheduling a doctor’s appointment for an eye exam before you quit your job so you can use those benefits you’ve been paying into this whole time. It may be something as big as accepting that job out of state or re-enrolling in school to finish your degree. Take a look at your goals and plans see what you can take on right now…what choices need to be made in order for you to move forward?

Let’s not get too ahead of ourselves with the word “brave”. Let’s focus on making choices we may not normally think as brave:

In other words, we need to stop planning and start doing. Make the brave choice to take action…you have the choice to sit in your comfort zone or to step out and take action. Choose action.

What choices are on your horizon?

Any choices you made recently that changed your path?

Subscribe to the Campfire Chic newsletter.
0 Flares Twitter 0 Pin It Share 0 Facebook 0 Google+ 0 Email -- Buffer 0 0 Flares ×

Brave One Little Word

• Dirtbag Darling May 20, 2013, 7:11 am

I love the idea of going on a spending fast. Too often I think buying something new will make my adventures better/happier/easier, but in reality, how can something new make anything better when I can’t appreciate what I already have? Brave is a great word to live with for the rest of the year, can’t wait to hear what it brings you!

• Kam May 23, 2013, 10:31 pm

I’m totally drooling over a new helmet right now and I’m always looking at new tights/leggings, so I’m in the same boat!

• Rachel May 20, 2013, 9:48 am

I feel like I’ve been making a lot of choices this year so far, and they keep turning against me. I choose to enroll in my school’s semester in LA, with the intention of making it a permanent move. But now I’m back in San Francisco living with my parents. I don’t know why, but my choices don’t seem to want to stick.

Sorry to be a bit negative Nellie, I just seem to be stuck in a rut and don’t quite know how to break out.

• Kam May 23, 2013, 10:31 pm

Thanks for letting me email you my responses, Rachel.

• Elisabeth May 20, 2013, 7:30 pm

Appreciate this article..thanks for sharing!

• Kristin - My Life as a Teacup May 21, 2013, 6:01 am

Every time I start to get behind, you have another awesome blog post that whips me into shape xD

I took a social media internship position! I applied for a blogging workshop scholarship! I’m student teaching soon, and am going to make the best of it! I’m working on making what I want to do happen!

• Kam May 23, 2013, 10:32 pm

I LOVE that you’re doing social media! I saw your post on the scholarship and if they don’t choose you, they’re making a huge mistake.

• Rachel May 21, 2013, 7:08 am

I was in a rut for four years. I worked an awful job for a worse than awful company, I was in and out of relationships (friendships AND dating) that were no good for me, or anyone else. I used my free time to sit on the couch and pout rather than working to get out of the situation. I made the decision to take a risk and move out of state, and now I’m doing better. It’s been several months, and I’m almost out of the rut. I’m working two jobs right now, hoping one will offer a full-time position so I can quit the other. Otherwise, I’ve since gotten engaged and started getting serious about my blog. I’m not even close to where I want to be–YET. Since I dropped everything and moved, I’m so much closer than I ever thought possible. Brave it definitely the perfect word to describe this year!

• Kam May 23, 2013, 10:33 pm

This is seriously amazing. You made very brave decisions and I’m really inspired by that. Thank you for sharing!

• amy t schubert May 21, 2013, 9:48 am

I think the more often you make brave choices the easier it becomes. Especially this year since I have been really focusing on making the bravest of the choices in front of me, it’s far less scary even now (in May) than it was in January.

By December I’ll be taking over the world :)

• Kam May 23, 2013, 10:33 pm