Each week on Campfire Chic, I share a little bit about what is going on behind the scenes on my side of the screen and a few links to what I think may interest Campfire Chic readers. This is called Essential Reading. Many of the links are from what I see online, quite a few are emailed to me by Alex, and a handful are submitted by readers, like you. Feel free to contact me if you have a link to something you think Campfire Chic readers would enjoy.
As for this week? I’m working on regaining balance in my life…I need more yoga, less junk food, more hours to get laundry done, and less guilt for not doing everything I think I can do. My deadlines aren’t working in my favor, I have too many ideas and too few non-cubicle hours to work on them, and yet I find myself sitting by a window and reading. So yeah, balance was the theme of this week.
This weekend is for stepping away from my phone, learning some new skills, soaking up some sun, and maybe even finishing another book. Or maybe I’ll just hide under the couch so I can’t see the pile of dirty dishes or the mound of laundry to be sorted. Who knows.
Here’s to you and your weekend. May your weekend be full of interesting news, bloggable moments, and new opportunities.
- Apparently there is a proper way to care for your sleeping bag
- I’m backing this amazing Kickstarter mainly because I’m a fan of the artist (via all the Cons we go to) and because I’ve agreed to have a comic/hero themed Kitchen/Dining area…and I’m not in the mood for kitsch
- Interested in podcasts about comic books?
- Elise’s use of slide protector sheets for her Day in the Life insert for Project Life has me re-thinking how I use my sheets
- Amy’s FOUND post from last week is FANTASTIC. I clicked, bookmarked, emailed, and re-read each one, she also shared a post with ideas for memory keeping
- 10 ways to spread blog love
- Could you step away from your routine for the day?
- Worried that going vegetarian may impact your protein intake? Check out these high-protein vegetarian foods and these non-soy vegan choices
- Have you been knocked down by a favorite hobby/pastime? Watch as elite climber Beth Rodden tackles the road to recovery
- How to immediately become a more productive (and better) writer
What are your plans for the weekend?