San Diego Comic-Con 2013

Another year, another Comic-Con in the books! Alex and I spent last weekend in San Diego with 100,000 of our closest friends celebrating all things nerdy and taking over the city.┬áThis was my first time spending more than one day at Comic-Con and I’m thinking that I’m addicted…like, I need four day passes for next year!

We did a ton of walking, had better food experiences than we did the previous three years, and discovered that we really don’t like waiting in lines. I’m really excited to say that it isn’t our last Con for the year, but will probably be more memorable than the ones coming up. Yeah, plural.

San Diego Comic-Con 2013

Kam goes to San Diego Comic-Con 2013

Our book haul:

San Diego Comic-Con

We saw a lady dressed as Sharknado! We also got to see some games that will be coming out this fall (I’m super excited!) and a TON of people losing their minds over freebies. Seriously. LOSING IT. ┬áBeing a person mcnugget, I had to just run away from any sort of trouble like that. I won’t go into how I feel about Avengers 2 or how I feel a little bad about asking the JPL Mohawk guy to take a photo…I won’t bore you with those things.

Have you gone to Comic-Con?

2 Flares Twitter 2 Pin It Share 0 Facebook 0 Google+ 0 Email -- Buffer 0 2 Flares ×

About Kam Geekery Weekend

• Kristin - My Life as a Teacup July 24, 2013, 6:50 am

I am kicking myself for not going this year. After last year, my friends and I had grand plans and it’s so freaking hard to orchestrate things sometimes, and now I am capeless and sad that I missed such awesomeness! I think we’re getting the super dedicated people on board now, and next year is in the works *fingers crossed*

• Kam July 30, 2013, 11:24 am

You’re close to New York, right? The New York Comic-Con is in October, woman!!! It’s the Con to rival SDCC at this point, so I HIGHLY suggest you try to get tickets! We planned on going this year, but decided that we’d need more $$$ to really do that trip justice :(

• Megan Anderson July 24, 2013, 6:54 am

Bore us?!?! Those are need to know things, no joke.

Loved seeing this peek into the con! I can’t wait until I have the vacation budgets to go to multiple cons in a year. Lucky duck! Can’t wait to see the rest of your con adventures later on.

• Kam July 30, 2013, 11:25 am

Save up for when J will be old enough to very much enjoy spending a whole day in a crowded convention center ;)

• Sonya July 24, 2013, 7:23 am

Someday I’ll get to go to this. Someday. It’s just a matter of, y’know, getting across the country. Hehe. It looks like you had a good time, though, and I enjoyed seeing your updates on Instagram while you were there.

I know there’s one in Boston soon, but I don’t think we’ll be going. I forgot to keep up on it so we didn’t really have the time to plan ahead and add it to our budget. Maybe next year!

• Kam July 30, 2013, 11:26 am

Boston would be so much fun!!! We just live in a really resort-y part of the world so there are always conventions going on — granted, one of the recent Cons we went to was in freaking Denver >.< We're nerds who can afford to travel a bit, I guess ;) When you're an old lady like me, you'll be doing the same, mamas.

• amy t schubert July 24, 2013, 7:31 am

LEGO Hobbit!! So fun :) Can’t wait to buy that as a video game!

• Kam July 30, 2013, 11:26 am

You would’ve LOVED it

• Angi Barrs July 24, 2013, 11:58 am

Love all of your fun pics. This year was my first time attending Comic Con. We even got to meet some celebs. I must go back next year!!! :)

• Kam July 30, 2013, 11:29 am

How fun! I just scanned through your blog to see if you posted anything and OMG you’ve inspired me to get craftier with my supplies!! I love your style and I’m totally inspired to put a little bit more effort into making more cards and making my Project Life pages a little more snazzy — seriously, you are fantasticly talented!

• Katie Smith July 24, 2013, 12:10 pm

looks like fun. :) One day, I’m going to go to a comic con. ;)

• Kam July 30, 2013, 11:30 am

I’m sure if you search for one, there will be one close to you :) Even the smaller ones are fun — more likely to run into Star Trek fans!

• Justine July 24, 2013, 10:29 pm

“person mcnugget”
    love it.

• Serena July 25, 2013, 9:19 pm

Sounds like a great time! I’ve wanted to go for a few years now, but my panicky feelings around large crowds always leave me thinking it might now be a good idea ;-)

I started reading the new DC 52 Wonder Woman comics after snagging some at the Annapolis Comic-Con and am loving them.

• Kam July 30, 2013, 11:31 am

If you like the Wonder Woman New 52, try the Captain Marvel ones too :) And Batgirl!