I’m trying to unplug for longer than 0.5 second before my head hits the pillow but there is one re-discovered app that is getting in my way: Pinterest. I hate to admit that I’m scouring that darn phone app for inspiration and bookmarking…I’m trying to find good tutorials for “lazy quilting” but I think lazy quilting is kind of like lazy baking or lazy chemistry — good things don’t come from being lazy in those areas. I’m also looking for color options because I have zero faith that I’ll still dig the fabrics I pick up from the local store after working with them for hours. And I’m also looking to share information with others…like Project Life inspiration and articles about blogging. Are you still using Pinterest? What are your favorite boards?
This week’s Essential Reading:
- How to email a stranger – I learned a thing or five from this post
- Blogging friend, Maryam, moved to a new blog with an adorable name: Hi and Hello
- 10 rules for writing first drafts
- I’m trying to keep my mind off of a potential new quilt project by checking out other sewing projects…here is a list of free bag tutorials
- How to make customized buttons for your Facebook tabs
- Think adventure isn’t for you? Here are 3 ways to ease into adventure
- Grab a cup of something warm and give your full attention to this post: learning to let go
- 10 websites for aspiring nomads
Reminder: There are multiple advertising options available, including sponsoring an Essential Reading post. Check out options here.