I tried my hand at my second Week in the Life last week and I loved it.
Week in the Life is a creative challenge hosted by Ali Edwards that requires you to pay a little more attention to your daily life. It’s the type of challenge where you keep your camera handy and just start shooting the small parts of your life…but without the perfectly arranged vignettes we’re used to seeing on blogs. The messy pile of laundry, the small stack of mail by the front door, and the leftovers from last night are all things focused on during Week in the Life.
My plan is to get the photos I took printed 2×2 inches and using my handy-dandy slide protector pages to include the photos and some “stuff” in my Project Life binder for the week. I want to keep things simple and not over-think the project.
Week in the Life: September 9, 2013 – September 15, 2013
I have a ton more photos but my Dropbox is organizing the uploads in a way that I can’t find them. You’ll see the Project Life layout sooner rather than later, I suppose.
Highlights from this week:
- Rewarded myself for getting to work early with a bacon breakfast burrito from the cafe…
- …and promptly got food poisoning, which lasted all week
- The sunrise was extra pretty all week, I’m happy I was able to catch some of it
- Lots of tea and soup this week – Like, every day. It was a rough week
- I tried to get ahead on #30Lists but I’ll be doing most of that this week
- My new Fabletics look came in the mail a day early and I was thrilled when Alex explained that my legs are the same color as Mystique from X-Men
- Celebrated a friend’s 30th birthday, a wedding shower for a girlfriend, and did the Bridge to Nowhere hike
- Learned that my new boss is super supportive – I was able to leave an hour early one day last week when I was extra sick