My 2014 One Little Word – Finish

2014 One Little Word - FINISH by Campfire Chic

Like with BRAVE, I will be focusing my energy each month on a different intention…each intention having something to do with FINISH.

I was able to take my BRAVE intentions and use them to frame my monthly Campfire Chic newsletter and I have every intention of doing the same with FINISH, but I’m thinking we’re in for some twists and turns this year. Finish is hard word to think about. It’s less abstract than brave but it feels just as strong. While the intentions I write below may seem like I am taking the easy way out, I have a loose plan for each one and am looking forward to what 2014 holds for the word.

One Little Word by Ali Edwards

My 12 intentions for 2014

1. Start Finishing
  2. Finish an old project
  3. The finish line
  4. Finish Enough
  5. Finishing touch
  6. Finish a new project
  7. Finish First
  8. Finish Last
  9. Finish & enjoy
  10. Finish quietly
  11. Finish Strong
  12. Finished!

I’m looking forward to adding to my One Little Word album that I started last year and sharing my progress.

If you are looking for some structure to documenting your One Little Word, you can register here.

4 Flares Twitter 3 Pin It Share 1 Facebook 0 Google+ 0 Email -- Buffer 0 4 Flares ×

2014 Finish One Little Word

• Laura January 2, 2014, 6:18 am

Those sound like awesome intentions, I totally get what you mean about finish being a tricky word. I found that with change last year, I’m hoping build will be an easier word to work with.

• Kam January 2, 2014, 10:40 am

Finish is tricky but I think I have a loose plan figured out – right before coming on to respond to comments, I decided to keep a running list of the things I finish each month: books, TV series, projects, whatever! I think having that reminder of things will help me stay in the moment and will also give me the opportunity to reflect once the month/year are done. I commented on your post – let me know if it doesn’t make sense, I’ll totally go back and make it more coherent, if needed :)

• Laura January 2, 2014, 11:35 pm

I was super inspired by Amy’s weekly posts about something brave she did each week. I’m hoping to do this, even if they never make it to the blog weekly just to jot down what I do each week to help me build I think will really help me with my word this year :)

• Kam January 3, 2014, 7:24 am

That would be fantastic – are you keeping a journal with your thoughts? I’m thinking of including a list of “things I finished this month” in my “month in review” posts to keep myself accountable…

• Kristin January 2, 2014, 3:13 pm

I like that this is your word for 2014. I think your finishing will help to inspire me to do so as well.

My word is Heroine. I’m excited for where it will take me this year.

• Kam January 3, 2014, 7:22 am

We chatted a bit about this via Twitter DM, but I’m so so so thrilled to see such an amazing word used by such an amazing person. I KNOW this word will do you justice.

• Kristin - My Life as a Teacup January 2, 2014, 8:14 pm

Finish sounds like such an exciting direction for 2014! I’m excited to see what you have in store :)

• Kam January 3, 2014, 7:23 am

Thanks! I hope it leads to a relaxed year — instead of letting “projects” and “tasks” hang over my head, I want to get things off of my plate to make space for new things!

• Sidney January 3, 2014, 1:23 pm

This is a great idea and I’m impressed that you were able to keep up with it for all of 2013. I don’t have as much discipline nor am I able to constantly remind myself of such a concept, but I LOVE it. Keep it up :)

• iHanna January 10, 2014, 2:00 pm

Oh what a great idea to write a whole list of intentions for the year that includes the word. I love that, might copy it! :-)

Here’s to finishing projects!