I’m winding down some things around here – February is a nice month to use for a month-long challenge because there are fewer days in the month. It gets me moving faster, hitting the pavement harder, and essentially living the “good things come to those who hustle” life. I’m already reflecting (pre-reflecting, if you will) on an awesome month and really hoping that this year slows down a bit. I’m tired of being an adult and I’d rather go on a backpacking trip than think about my retirement contributions right now. Seriously.
This week’s Essential Reading:
- 3 simple steps to avoid burnout when you’re self-employed
- That feeling you get when you admit something sucks
- I’m totally digging Kat’s approach to cooking — “I found it on Pinterest and I’m not ashamed of it” because, quite frankly, I am not super domestic and I found some of the best things on Pinterest lately and I knew I wasn’t alone
- “It was scary but it happened and then I cried” <– can you seriously resist that kind of headline?
- On sharing and deciding if you should listen to the so-called professionals
- If you’re anything like me and enjoy spying on what people are doing with their lives (hi, we read blogs) then you’ll probably dig Kristin’s post about her 29 goals
- Stressed? Try lion’s breath
- Angie chats about brony bullying — which really carries over into other niches that get bullied
- These tips for organizing your iPhoto are fantastic
- Kolby “Condor” Kirk resolved to go on 100 hikes in 2013 and made numbers out of objects found nearby for each of his hikes. You can see those numbers in this short video – the song by Opus Orange is so perfect.