My One Little Word for the year is really getting to me…I’m not sure if it’s holding me back (No, I shouldn’t explore that idea until I finish this other thing) or if it’s helping to keep me from half-assing too many things when I should be whole-assing a handful of things. Working the #CubicleLife has me thinking of this year in quarters and now that I’m looking at the end of the first quarter I think I need to start evaluating what I’m doing this coming quarter and what needs to change. Do you ever sit down and do a mini-audit of what is going on in your life?
This week’s Essential Reading:
- I’m a big fan of Katie Lee and the Small Change Project, so listening to her on the A Woman Undeniable podcast was a treat and a half
- Color plants for the shade — I’m thinking that I need some of these and some part-sun plans to fill up our giant balcony
- I’m thinking that this mountaineer tea infuser and cat coin dish need to be my next purchases from Modcloth (affiliate links)
- This charming bungalow has me wanting to stick with a simple aesthetic in the apartment – I’m thinking smaller gallery walls instead of the overbearing and heavy ones that seem to be so common these days
- I built my nightstand recently (the red version) and this IKEA hack has me thinking that I need to find some pulls to give my nightstand (and the chest from the same series, in grey-brown) a less “oh you got that from IKEA look
- How to write killer bullet points
- I started my Studio Calico Project Life™ subscription, which is the only reason I’m not putting the Hello World kit from Kelly Purkey in my cart right this minute
- Ali Edwards wrote about her One Little Word – The Path Towards Thriving: On Choosing the Front Row
- How to get great testimonials from your clients
The winner of the RedBubble Birthday Giveaway is: Diana Le Counte. Diana wrote if 3/10 was her birthday, she would go to Fashion Island and Disneyland to celebrate. Diana, please contact me to claim your prize!