I started another year of Project Life® last Monday with my birthday — I’m pretty smitten that my birthday landed on a Monday this year to tell you the truth…For my “27” album, I switched from the Sunday – Saturday week schedule to the Monday – Sunday schedule so my weekends would stay on one layout.
The plan for Project Life® #28
- American Crafts D-Ring Binder in Red – I LOVE the American Crafts 12×12 D-ring binders and this year I’m going with the bold red color they offer. Previous colors were lime green and black. I used the red 8×6 American Crafts binder for my December Daily™ / 30 Days of Lists and loved the look of it
- Project Life® Page Projectors // Design A ONLY – I used the mixed packs of page protectors in the past and I think it was a BIG factor in why I slow down mid-year and fall super fall behind. I want to honor this project as what it was designed to be — an easy way to quickly document my life. Worrying about if I need portrait or landscape photos each week is a thing of the past as I go forward and use only the classic Design A pages. I plan on adding inserts, as needed
- Layout Notes – I used Microsoft Word to create a super basic page I can use to make notes about my layouts each week. I’ve seen so many people use similar notes that I figure it’s worth a try! It’ll be easy for me to keep a sheet in my purse each week and make notes as I go. I’m hoping this will help me cut down on ordering unnecessary photos (or worse, multiples!)
- Studio Calico Project Life® Monthly Subscription – I am hoping that having a kit each month will help me stay on top of the layouts I’m making – some of the layouts that got left behind last year was because I couldn’t find a “filler card” that felt right and it could be because I realized I wasn’t thrilled with having so many multiple cards from kits and also too many options. A monthly kit only has so many pieces and I want to be able to use it all or send them to somebody else (let me know if you’re interested in swaps!)
- Currently Lists (not pictured, but you can see an example here) – My #26 Project Life® layouts all had a weekly “thankful” card where I wrote down one thing each day that I was thankful for each week. It was fun but I wanted a break during #27. For #28 I’m going to do a weekly Currently List using the designs from the rukristin papercrafts shop. There are physical cards, digital options, and the new “Instagram-friendly” square version. If you’re interested, the square version is free if you subscribe to Kristin’s newsletter
- Weekly date cards – I’m using these weekly date cards (one side of the card is in greyscale and the other is in color) because I start out being super creative with my weekly cards and things go downhill when I run out of certain letters (W & K) and numbers early on and I get a little bit upset that things aren’t cohesive looking. I already loaded these cards into my album to not have to worry about it later
- Studio Calico Inspiration – Now that I’m a Studio Calico subscriber, I’ll be utilizing the site more and hopefully becoming a part of the community. If you’re on there, let’s be friends! That’s how that works, right?
- Printing from PostalPix – I am still using the PostalPix app to print my photos. It’s easy to use, the shipping is quick, and the quality is pretty great. The app is available for both iPhones and Androids
Are you doing Project Life? What are your favorite products?
For more ideas on how to add more stories to your Project Life layouts, I’m going to recommend the Project Dig Deep ebook? I contributed to this ebook in 2012 and I still look back through it for ideas on ways to include my travels and adventures into my Project Life binders. Some of my favorite Project Lifers contributed to this ebook, too, and I’m still so inspired by their stories.