I sent an email out to the Campfire Chic mailing list a few months ago about burnout and how I was super run down after over-extending myself last winter (30 Days of Lists, winter projects, the holidays, and moving in a very short period of time) and couldn’t bring myself to even look at my computer, let alone sit down for a few hours each week to write posts and engage on social media. I wanted nothing to do with responding to blog comments, I didn’t want to admit that I was letting my emails sit for a few days before responding, and I certainly didn’t care that my “to do” list of things I wanted to update/change on CampfireChic.com was growing out of control.
I was totally burned out.
Toward the end of January, I knew I needed to pull myself out of that crazy funk. I talked to friends and consulted articles written on what to do if you find yourself in a rut, but with the “get over it and put in extra work!” kind of advice I was getting, I was afraid that putting in the continue to burn me out — I needed to take a step back and address what was blocking my energy in order to rekindle my passion for blogging.
I spent the beginning of the year taking things at my own pace trying different things to get me back on track — and they worked. I created my own 30-day syllabus and kept a close eye on how I felt each day about the idea of getting onto my computer and working on things…some days were harder than others, but not rushing things really worked.
I want to help you get out of your blogging rut and spark something inside you that will get you moving in the direction you desire.
Spark is a 30-day email course designed to rekindle your passion for blogging — it’s the fuel you need to get back into your blogging groove! We’ll take it slow — I’ll send you one email a day containing one topic for consideration. The email will include how the topic/challenge is a part of the bigger picture, actionable items, and additional resources in case I spark your interest in that topic…you’ll get a new topic each day for 30 days!
What you get:
- Daily email with a different lesson/action/activity for 30 days
- Plenty of related resources for additional reading on each topic covered
- Tools to help you create your own prescription for the future
- Email access to me if you have questions or need clarification on a specific topic covered
Examples of topics covered:
- Effective list-making
- Improving online connections with others
- Self-love and self-care without guilt
- Power of reflective journaling
While 30 days sounds like a really long time to focus on recovering from burnout, at the end of the course you’ll have a better understanding of how you can better address burnout and how to bounce back before you’re in too deep. This is a self-paced course and is available immediately after purchase.
How it works:
- Register for the course (Only $9.99!)
- Subscribe to the mailing list (there are directions in your confirmation email)
- You’ll receive a daily email from me with all the content for the day
- You engage with the material — for example, if the email asks you to write a letter to yourself when you started blogging, you’ll be journaling that day. If the email asks you to marathon a favorite TV show on Netflix, you’ll do that! There is a reason for each of the actions, so you’ll just need to trust the process
Please let me know if you have questions about the course, I’d be happy to answer them in the comments (others may have the same question as you!).