Last week, Teton Sports announced their crew of Mountain Adventurers…and I am one of them!
I am officially a Teton Sports Ambassador and with their support, I’ll be getting outside more often and hopefully inspiring others to try new things. I’ve been posting about getting outdoors and trying new things on Campfire Chic for four years and I am glad to be a part of a team who will inspire me to continue exploring.
You can see who else is a Mountain Adventurer by clicking here.
If you head over to the Teton Sports website, you’ll see that each Mountain Adventurer has his or her own profile. Each profile contains a bio, some photos, and ways to connect with each person socially. These photos will be updated as we continue to share our adventures, which I think is pretty neat…I think there is something that will auto-magically update our profiles as we send photos out into the world. You can see my profile here.
I think this would be a great time to list a few of the archived posts that I think may interest other “chronic beginners” like myself:
- My kayaking essentials — Because wearing jeans is not a great idea & of course I would forget to bring a hat
- Bouldering tips for beginners — Climbing without ropes sounds scary, but with these quick tips you’ll be sending your project in no time
- Color Run Tips — This isn’t your average 5K and being prepared for your first cloud of colored dust to the face is important
- What should you include in your gym climbing bag? — It may be overkill, but I like to be prepared
- Yoga tips from a beginner — Don’t be afraid to find a deal
- Tips for planning a backpacking trip (from a beginner) — Pro Tip: Pizza & beer is the nectar of the gods when you’re coming off of the trail
- My yoga essentials — Yes, those are tennis balls
- Mat Pilates tips for beginners — It’s the day 2 sore that will kill ‘ya
If you’re interested in following along as the Mountain Advetnurers crew starts doing their thing, follow the hashtags #MountainAdventurers and #GetOutside on both Instagram and Twitter. As usual, you can follow me on Instagram, Twitter, and Google+ for my news and updates!
How do you inspire others to get outside?
What holds you back from trying new things?