It’s day two of Ali Edwards’ Week in the Life project and let me tell you, it was a long day.
I took a total of 5 photos today. I can’t share one of them because it has to do with a project I was working on at work, and it’s pretty boring.
One thing I wanted to do today was take a few photos of my morning on my way to work. Yesterday, I got a photo of walking up to my building so today I tried to fill in the gaps of what I do to get there. It was very dark when I got up, so my photos of getting ready didn’t work out, but I did get a photo of the overcast skies and my coffee for the day.
I don’t always stop at Starbucks, but I do it often enough that including it in this week’s stories was natural. I’m stopped at a stoplight in the photo, I don’t take photos while driving.
One photo I try to take a few times throughout the Week in the Life project is my desk at work. I sometimes use my timer and take a photo of me working to get me in the photo and to show how my outfits change throughout the week.
I’m 2 for 2 on getting an elevator selfie this week, so I think I will try to keep getting those photos in order to show what I’m wearing to work. I took two elevator photos today and decided this one is the winner. My early morning photo was had me looking a little rough around the edges and was very similar to yesterday’s photo. This photo includes something I work with on a regular basis and I know I will recognize this orange folder in the future as I look back on these photos.
Things I didn’t get to document today:
- Listening to a podcast as I got ready this morning
- Lunch with Ben and Carolyn at Rubio’s for Taco Tuesday
- The big red mark on my left cheek from leaning against my wrist for too long while reading reports
- Starting The Handmaiden’s Tale as soon as I got home. I’m just over halfway through the book. (Amazon Affiliate link. If you’re a Prime member, you can get this book on Kindle for free this month. If you’re interested in getting even more titles, check out Kindle Unlimited)
- Making dinner (simple pasta), watching basketball, checking in for a flight for my boss