0 Flares 0 Flares ×
A quick update from my side of the screen:
- I am planning on working on some scrapbooking and travel albums before the end of the year and I plan on sharing them here. I have a bunch of pocket scrapbooking to catch up on and a bunch of trips to document.
- 30 Days of Lists is going well and I’m loving the conversations going on in our private community. I have used a travelers notebook for the last few editions and I think I am going to take a break from them next time around…maybe back to a mini album? art journaling?
- I was traveling a lot this summer. I was in Michigan, Seattle, Vancouver, Mt. Hood, Big Pine backpacking trip, Portland, and we went up to Malibu for what we planned to be for a weekend but it was just for a long day. I turned down two additional trips (a backpacking trip in early August and a trip to New Hampshire) because I really like being home and I being away so many weekends in a row isn’t what I needed in my life.
- I was a guest designer for the monthly theme over at Awesome Ladies Project for August and the theme was Outdoors! It was a great fit and the supplemental pieces that Kristin makes for these monthly themes are so solid. I created a mini-album, pocket page layout, and a layout in a traveler’s notebook based on the prompts/inspiration in the workbook associated with the theme for the month. It was really cool to see the other projects being inspired by the work in the forum and to interact with other Awesome Ladies at the same time. Check out Awesome Ladies Project VIP Membership Page for more information.
- I am playing entirely too much Overwatch and Stardew Valley (affiliate links). They are both a lot of fun and if you’re looking for a team-based shooter game give Overwatch a try. If you’re looking for a cute simulation game, Stardew Valley may be up your alley. While Stardew Valley looks like it would be great for little kids, I do have to give you some mini-spoilers that the game does have some more mature interactions like alcohol abuse and mental health issues.
- The weather is starting to cool off in Southern California and that means we’ll be welcoming the Santa Ana winds in no time so I’ll hold off on getting too excited about Fall weather. It’ll cool down Halloween weekend and have a heatwave around Thanksgiving. It’s like clockwork.
- I’m currently reading What Happened, The New Yorker, The Last of August (affiliate links), and the Stardew Valley guidebook