I’m Kam and Campfire Chic is my story as a crafty camper. I share my story as a 9-5er looking for adventure.
The posts I share encourage my readers to take risks and try new things, like camping, rock climbing, and yoga, while maintaining their current interests and responsibilities. Campfire Chic is about accepting challenges, setting achievable goals, and documenting the journey toward the finish line.
Campfire Chic started around a campfire in Sequoia National Park in 2010.
Five things you should know about me:
- I have a full time job in addition to Campfire Chic. It helps pay the bills, gets me out into ‘the real world’, and makes me appreciate Campfire Chic readers and my efriends so much more than I ever expected.
- I am one of the ladies behind 30 Days of Lists, a semi-annual challenge involving list-making. What is great about this project is there is only 1 rule: There is no wrong way to do 30 Days of Lists. Each March and September, we challenge participants to take 10 minutes a day for themselves to make a list. Find out more on our website.
- I believe that there is a difference between goals and tasks, but they can both be rewarded with 1) naps and 2) carbs. I like to set yearly goals as well as life goals.
- I love to learn. My grandmother taught me that learning is our religion, and I just can’t help myself. If I learn something that I think will help Campfire Chic readers, I’ll share it…or if I’m still learning, I’ll include it in my weekly Essential Reading posts.
- I’m trying to be brave. This year, I am focusing on stepping out of my comfort zone, trying new things, and taking leaps of faith. From longer backpacking trips, pushing my rock climbing limits, expanding Campfire Chic, and doing more things on my own.