I officially changed my posting schedule to three days a week. After making some small updates to the Spark ecourse, I paused on the day that starts out with, “Seriously, what’s wrong?” and started writing a list of the things that have been on my mind lately. I noticed that under “feeling” on my weekly Currently Lists there is some variation of overwhelmed/unsure/anxious/like I’m not doing enough for almost every week for the past two months. So it was time something changed and it was the frequency of my posts.
Expect a few more creative projects. Expect better photos of my Project Life layouts. Expect a new word/phrase under the “feeling” portion of my Currently Lists.
This week’s Essential Reading posts are from the archives, because there is life for posts beyond the front page:
Looking for some blogging inspiration? I’m updating my Blogging & Business board on Pinterest with some helpful resources. Click here to check it out.
July 25, 2014
I’m taking the weekend off — or at least, mostly off…I want to spend less than 2 hours online this weekend. Emails can wait until Monday, I don’t need to share anything on Instagram, my Pinterest account is fine the way it is. We’ll see how long this lasts…
This week’s Essential Reading includes:
Have a great weekend!
July 18, 2014
Summer is finally here in Southern California. Our county fairs are in full swing. We didn’t get much June Gloom and the heat certainly arrived seemingly overnight. The hum of air conditioners is lulling me to sleep each night. And the air is filled with the smell of BBQ. It isn’t such a bad place to be right now…come September I’ll be complaining about how intolerable things are and how I need an escape, but I’ll just try to enjoy things for now. Summer means warm evenings out with friends, Comic-Con in San Diego, time to catch up on favorite shows, any excuse for an Arnold Palmer, and plenty of reasons to get down to the beach. Summer is pretty okay, I guess.
This week’s essential reading:
Have a fantastic weekend :)
July 11, 2014
Happy 4th, fellow Americans! To the rest of the world: Happy Friday!
Amy and I are not-so-secretly working on the next round of 30 Days of Lists (subscribe to our mailing list here if you want to be the first to get awesome news from us) and one of the lists that came out of our brainstorming session was a variation of “the little things”…As I sit here, I’m reminded of that simple prompt and have a few things I would list right away: Iced green tea, gold glitter nail polish, the smell of sunscreen, sore forearms from kayaking, fostering friendships, working with best friends (on different projects), and that warmth your skin gives off after being in the sun for a little while. I liked that prompt because it reminds me to stay in the moment — which is difficult for me when I’m writing posts like this and scheduling social media updates a week ahead of time (not always, but I try). I’m always working weeks or months in the future that I find it difficult to slow down…It’s nice to have a holiday that’s so family-centered to remind me to slow the heck down.
This week’s essential reading:
Have a wonderful and safe weekend!
July 4, 2014
I’m woefully behind in my Project Life updates for the year — All I really need to do is sit down and order a ton of photos but I think it’s the part between taking the photos and ordering them that keeps hanging me up. I am using my iPhone to take the photos, my iPad to edit photos to create a 4×6 image that has 2 3×4 photos on it, and then sending everything to Dropbox, where I need to then pull out the images I actually want ordered and upload them to Persnickety Prints (I bought one of those pre-paid plans to see if it helps keep me on track). If you have a tried-and-true system that helps you stay up on ordering the correct photos (in the correct sizes!) let me know. I am all ears.
Other than Project Life, I’m spending this week doing a ton of laundry, writing some guest blog posts for Flow397 (see my first post here) and Fabletics. I’ll be sure to share links to these posts once they are live.
This week’s Essential Reading:
- I want to welcome back Campfire Tongs™ for a second month of advertising with Campfire Chic — Campfire Tongs™ make tending to your campfire or bonfire safer and more enjoyable
- Alex wanted me to share this video of a play-through of Super Mario Bros. I guess somebody found a way to hack the game to build their own levels and it’s pretty insane to watch how flawlessly they make it through each level
- I’m nervous about any sewing project involving a zipper so these resources are currently bookmarked under “might as well try”
- If you’re looking for something to add to your Summer Reading List, may I suggest Fables Volume 1 and Saga Volume 1? I finished both recently (I am hoping to read 20 graphic novels/volumes by the end of the year) and they are both excellent. Fables is a lot like the t.v. show Once Upon a Time and Saga is unlike anything I’ve seen…
- Elise is chatting about succulent propagating again and I’m thinking it’s time to start propagating from the mall again…
- Nervous? Just start.
- How to stamp on photos
- Excellent advice about cutting back on blogging/working this summer from one of my favorite bloggers
June 27, 2014