Quick poll: Do you use Flipboard? Let me know in the comments/via Twitter.
Not much to say this week, I’m working on cutting back on my to do list…as in, removing things that don’t really need to be done right now (or at all, for that matter). I have the bad habit of writing down everything that’s in my head and some of it is just nonsense. I am keeping in mind an interview with Ali Edwards from a few years ago when she was asked how she ‘does it all’ — her answer? She works on “whatever is due next” — how freaking brilliant is that? I’m being totally sincere, work on whatever is due next, not next week, or next year. I’m useing this mantra to get me out of my quicksand of a to do list…I’ll let you know how it goes.
This week’s Essential Reading:
- Alex sent me this not-so-quick-and-full-of-colorful-language (NSFW) post about what your profile picture says about you
- Are you looking to submit a guest blog post in the next month? Holly of So Dang Brilliant is looking for guest bloggers and you could be one of them! Check out her blog and contact her through her site
- Earlier this week, I shared some of my Yoga essentials, and now I’m starting to think Rintu needs his own kitty yoga mat
- One of my greatest fears is dying at work…but I would probably be OK if the zombie apocalypse started while I was there (and Alex and I had a designated meet-up location). This super-short article gives some tips for how to prepare for the end of days at the office
- Alex came across these beautiful prints of heroes and villains done in a minimal way and after finding this other Etsy shop, we’ve decided to attempt to do a tasteful comic/geekery themed kitchen. Wish us luck!
- Teton Sports shows you how to wash your sleeping bag — because let’s be honest, when was the last time you washed yours??
- Speaking of camping, scrapbooking company Echo Park announced their next camp-themed paper line
- Semi-rad posted some ways to get your boyfriend or girlfriend to hate whatever sport you do
- Are you on rdio? Check out this album by Dawes…I mean, how can you argue with a band that’s able to use “Google Search” in a song?
- Here are 10 ways to use Pinterest for your website or blog
- Remember how I talked about wanting to live out of a car/the back of our truck a few weeks ago? Well that want is turning into more of an obsession after looking through this “Lifestyles of the Rich and famous” post from Moore Climbing — Photos of people with their “climbing houses”!
These posts are getting a little out of hand…